- Carbon fiber design provides excellent strength-to-weight ratio and dynamic motion
- Gradual plantar flexion at initial contact
- Energy return and propulsion assistance of the limb at toe off
- Stiffness gradient at the heel and the toe correspond to ground reaction forces as they are applied to the foot
- Simple to use. Fits easily into most shoes.
Details: The Ossur AFO Light provides necessary support only where it is needed thus eliminating unnecessary bulk and providing a cosmetically appealing look. Utilizing the best of Flex-Foot technology and the energy storing properties of carbon fiber. The AFO Light offers a strong and lightweight solution for people with mild to moderate of drop foot. The Ossur AFO Light is for for AFO users with mild to moderate drop foot secondary to a variety of neurological conditions. The product comprises a footplate, posterior strut, and a calf piece. A simple velcro strapping system facilitates donning and doffing. The product is provided with silicone padding and a thermo-formable tube covering the heel part of the posterior spring. This combination results in easier donning of the AFO and prevents damage of the padding in this vulnerable area. An elastic band connects the separate calf-piece to the posterior spring. This connection allows semi-controlled upward and downward motion in synchronization with ankle plantar flexion and dorsal flexion. Excessive rubbing and migration of the calf-piece from the calf is, therefore, reduced. This product is available in black color only. Weight limit 220lbs.
Package Dimensions: 16.9 x 11.3 x 4.8 inches