TLSO Brace Helps Kyphosis
Another condition characterized by an unusual bend of the spine is kyphosis. This refers to an exaggerated rounding of the back, a condition also known as round back or hunchback. This is most common among older women; in such cases, it is often a side effect of osteoporosis weakening the spinal bones so much so that they crack, compress and take on a wedge-like shape. But some cases of kyphosis affect teens and infants, as this can also stem from birth defects, slouching, cancer and Scheuermann's disease, to name a few.
Symptoms of kyphosis:
- Difference in shoulder height
- Head bending forwards
- Hunch or bend in the back
- Tight hamstring muscles
In mild cases, no treatment will likely be needed as there are no noticeable symptoms. But in other cases, kyphosis can cause thoracolumbar pain and stiffness. In extreme cases, kyphosis can disrupt the function of internal organs, tissues, nerves, etc.
Treatment for kyphosis is dependent upon the underlying cause as well as the extremity of the condition and the age of the patient. Pain relievers, osteoporosis drugs (if applicable), strength exercises and stretches and bracing can be helpful for improving or preventing this condition from worsening.
We recommend our TLSO Spinal Brace to help treat scoliosis. This thoraco lumbo sacral orthosis brace features:
- Pulley system - wrap around design with back, abdominal panel and front panel from stomach to clavicle
- Adjustable string and roller system perfectly supports the core muscle
- Keep abdominal pressure in stable for better tissue healing after injuries around whole back
- Constrain the movement from lower to upper back for spinal immobilization
Universal - One Size Fits All (S/M/L/XL/XXL)
The TLSO brace’s new traction closure system allows for full adjustment in seconds, and can even snap quickly into place for quick application! The TLSO brace’s reviews speak for themselves, providing something that simply can’t be found in your average drug store.